Leisure Supervisor – Cheddar CW34
Contract: Full Time Permanent
Department: Leisure & Activities
Location: Cheddar Woods Resort & Spa
Number of Jobs: 1
Work Hours: Full time, variable
Organisation: Darwin Escapes
- > Ensuring all poolside activities and scheduled swim lessons are promoted effectively and delivered to the highest standard, creating an exceptional experience
- Providing a safe and enjoyable environment for all of our members within the pool & surrounding areas
- Frequent checking of all areas, and action as necessary to maintain hygiene, cleanliness and safety
- Record any accidents and administer first aid, as required
- Check plant and carry our pool water tests
- Continuous observation of swimmers and spectators
Leisure Supervisor required at Cheddar Woods Resort and Spa. Join our friendly team at our beautiful location, close to the Cheddar Gorge in Somerset.
While staying with us, guests have access to the leisure pool and a range of ‘Go Active’ activities. The successful candidate will work with the leisure team to ensure the safe and effective operation of the leisure and pool complex in line with the company’s high standards.
You will work with the Deputy General Manager to ensure staff rotas are completed, budgets are adhered to within the department and all health and safety operations are followed. This will include the comprehensive training of staff within the department and regular checks of the complex.
Successful applicants are required to provide an enhanced disclosure, the cost of which will be met by Darwin
This is a permanent, full time role to work variable hours including weekends and bank holidays.
This role is ideal for candidates searching for Leisure jobs within a commutable distance of Cheddar.
What experience you will need
- Similar previous experience is desired
What skills you will need
- Current lifeguard qualification is essential
- Up to date first Aid certificate
- ASA Level 2 Swimming instructor is desirable
- Strong communication skills
- Positive attitude with willingness to learn
- Driving licence and ability to drive is advantageous to enable you to get to the park
What we offer
- Darwin Academy job specific training, to include COSHH, health & safety, manual handling, etc
- Full uniform
- Discount in company restaurants and facilities
Interested in working for Darwin Escapes and want to find out more?
Please get in touch and we will do our best to answer any questions you may have.