Health and Safety Assistant – Cheddar CW14
Contract: Full Time Permanent
Location: Cheddar Woods Resort & Spa
Number of Jobs: 1
Work Hours: Full time, variable
Organisation: Darwin Escapes
Industry: Leisure, Health and Safety
- Assist in and carry out risk assessments on the parks, giving feedback to Park Managers
- Manage and take ownership of company vehicles on PRIME register
- Assisting the parks with any Health and Safety issues that may arise
- Assisting the parks to act on risk assessment findings
An exciting role has become available for a Health and Safety Assistant to cover our South West based parks. This role will be based at Cheddar Woods Resort & Spa, however travel will be required to our other South West parks.
This role will include but is not limited to; Assisting in and carrying out risk assessments at the parks, manage and take ownership of all company vehicles on PRIME register and work with the parks to ensure all aspects are compliant and up to date with current health and safety requirements.
This is a full time, permanent role which will include weekend and bank holiday working.
This role is perfect for people looking for Health and Safety positions within a commutable distance of Cheddar.
What experience you will need
- Previous experience of being involved in completing investigations is desired
- Previous experience in a similar role is an advantage
- Membership of IOSH of minimal grade is essential
- Basic understanding of the Fire Regulatory Reform Order
- Basic understanding of water management and requirements under ACOP L8
- Have a generalist understanding of Health and Safety obligations under the Health and Safety at Work Act and Management Regulations of 1999
What skills you will need
- Ability to communicate clearly with staff and understand the views of others in context of the wider business
- Numerate and literate with ability to compile thorough reports
- Ability to assimilate theories and concepts to apply in practical scenarios
- Ability to work alone, and manage own time to achieve given tasks
- Ability to listen and ask questions to establish a root cause to issues
- Committed to continued professional development
What we offer
- Darwin Academy job specific training, to include customer service, COSHH, health & safety, manual handling, etc
- Good salary
- Discount in company restaurants and facilities
Interested in working for Darwin Escapes and want to find out more?
Please get in touch and we will do our best to answer any questions you may have.