Commis Chef (permanent & accommodation) – Cheddar
Contract: Permanent & Variable
Location: Cheddar Woods Resort & Spa
Number of Jobs: 1
Organisation: Darwin Escapes
- Working as part of the team, to ensure customer satisfaction by serving food and beverage
- Ensure smooth, efficient and accountable management and operation of the kitchen and food service
- Ensure the highest possible standard of customer care
- Ensure prompt preparation and food service delivery
- Observe and comply with standards operating procedures
- Actively promote the park and its facilities
A Commis Chef is required at Cheddar Woods Resort & Spa. This is a fantastic opportunity to take a key role in a busy team at our five star venue in Cheddar.
As a successful Commis Chef, you will work with the Head Chef and be responsible for all aspects of kitchen preparation and procedure, portion control and waste management, and will perform consistently in line with the company’s high standards. Darwin Escapes would like ambitious and motivated Commis Chefs who are looking for an exciting role. A Commis Chef is the first step to becoming a great chef and Cheddar Woods offers a fantastic environment that can take you to the next level if you’re willing to work for it.
Darwin Escapes is a Group of 20 Holiday Parks across the UK, each set in fantastic locations and catering for a different type of holiday, whether you like relaxing in the spa, activity based fun, beaches or towns.
Over the last 4 years we have invested tens of millions of pounds in developing 11 parks, with more currently being developed in 2017.
This role is ideal for candidates searching for chef jobs within a commutable distance of Cheddar.
Outline of Duties:
- Consistent and prompt preparation and food service.
- Stock rotation.
- Cleanliness of all work areas.
- provision of correct portion sizes and control of all waste.
- Comply with all food hygiene regulations.
What you will need:
- You will have similar previous experience.
- Catering qualifications and level 3 food safety is desirable.
- Driving licence and ability to drive is advantageous.
- Strong communication skills.
- Positive attitude with willingness to learn.
What we offer:
- Darwin Academy job specific training, to include food hygiene, COSHH, health & safety, manual handling, etc.
- hourly rate of pay.
- Discount in company restaurants and facilities.
- This is a permanent variable hours to include weekends and Bank Holidays, accommodation available for the right candidate.
Commis Chef vacancy in Cheddar
Complete your application for the Commis Chef vacancy at Cheddar Woods Resort & Spa by clicking the apply now button below.
Interested in working for Darwin Escapes and want to find out more?
Please get in touch and we will do our best to answer any questions you may have.