Take Part in a Fabulous Day of Golf at One of Oxfordshire’s Most Popular Golf Clubs.
With 133 acres of picturesque parkland, The Springs Golf Club in Wallingford is a stunning venue set in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, with a beautifully designed course to challenge all skill levels. The perfect place for a charity tournament.
Teams will consist of 3 players and 1 sporting legend, your team will then embark on a Texas Scramble, over 18 holes of The Springs’ beautiful golf course. Cost of participation is £1,200 per team of 3 with a sporting legend, or £600 for a team of 4, without a legend. Proceeds from the day, including the charity auction, will be in aid of Reach Out mentoring charity.
Your team of 3 will be paired with a sporting legend during a Facebook live event one week before the tournament, make sure you have liked and followed our Facebook page to keep up to date with all the latest information. The legends* include:
- Will Greenwood – a former Rugby Union player, who was part of the 2003 England World Cup winning squad!
- Matthew Hoggard – a former English cricketer who played for the national team between 2000 and 2008. Was captain of Leicestershire from 2010 to 2013.
- Monty Panesar – a current English international cricketer, a popular fixture in the cricketing world.
- Scott Quinnell – a Welsh former Rugby Union and Rugby League player, gained 52 caps for Wales and 7 of them were as Captain.
- Nick Gubbins – an up and coming England player, who currently plays for Middlesex.
- Zinzan Brooke – a former New Zealand Rugby Union player. He once held the record for most tries scored by a forward in International games.
With sporting legends like these you’re sure for a fun and tough match, all in aid of a wonderful charity! Don’t forget to check out the Facebook page for all the latest information and to watch the Facebook Live draw of the teams.
*legends are subject to change on the day
All For A Good Cause
The days proceeds will be going to Reach Out, which is an important charity that offers mentoring to young people in disadvantaged communities. Reach Out offers one to one mentoring, as well as larger mentoring sessions, it was founded in 1994 and this wonderful charity has grown to the largest mentoring charity in the UK. Children from disadvantaged backgrounds are more likely to struggle with low confidence, low attainment and low aspirations, Reach Out aims to change this and help those from disadvantaged backgrounds to reach their full potential.
The Springs golf day charity tournament will be sending proceeds from the day, including the charity auction taking place in the clubhouse, to Reach Out to help with their mission.
Book Your Place
If you would like any more information, or would like to book your team and place in the tournament, then please contact Zoe Larder, either via email at email@example.com or via telephone on 07855 004 982.
Please note that all participants must have a valid handicap certificate which they will need to show on the day.
Thursday 7th June 2018
8.00am – 9.30am:
Arrival & Welcome Breakfast. All participants will be required to present a valid handicap certificate before competing.
The Springs first Legends Golf Tournament begins
Anticipated Legends Golf Tournament finish time
Lunch provided in The Springs Clubhouse followed by Prize Giving Ceremony and Charity Auction
Anticipated finish time for The Springs first Legends Golf Day