Lifeguard – Rhyl NP52
- Continuous observation of swimmers and spectators.
- Frequent checking of all areas, and action as necessary to maintain hygiene, cleanliness and safety.
- Check plant and carry our pool water tests.
- Check and record all guest passes.
- Advise guests on current activity programmes.
- Record any accidents and administer first aid, as required.
Lifeguard required at New Pines in Rhyl. Join our friendly team at our beautiful location in North Wales.
The successful candidate will work with the Leisure Manager to ensure the safe and effective operation of the leisure and pool complex in line with the company’s high standards.
You will take on a range of responsibilities including ensuring the cleanliness of the Leisure areas, assisting guests with various queries and working alongside the Leisure Manager to ensure a safe environment for guests while in the pool. You will provide focused observation of all swimmers and guests in the leisure area.
Successful applicants are required to provide an enhanced disclosure, the cost of which will be met by Darwin.
For this position an NPLQ is preferred, however training can be provided for the right applicant. Pool Plant, First Aid and Swimming Instructor qualifications are an advantage but not essential.
This is a seasonal position until January 2020 to work variable hours. These hours will be midweek hours, so the successful applicant must be available Monday – Friday.
Shifts will be allocated between 8:45am – 8pm during off peak times, and 8:30am – 7pm during peak season, although actual shift times within these hours may vary.
This role is ideal for candidates searching for lifeguard jobs within a commutable distance of Rhyl.
What experience you will need
- You will have similar previous experience.
- Outgoing personality and enjoy working with children and adults.
- Current lifeguard qualification is preferred, however we can provide NPLQ training for the right candidate.
- Driving licence and ability to drive is advantageous to enable you to get to the park.
What skills you will need
- Strong communication skills.
- Positive attitude with willingness to learn.
- Excellent observation skills
- Great customer service skills.
What we offer
- Darwin Academy job specific training, to include COSHH, Health & Safety, Manual Handling, etc.
- Hourly rate of pay.
- Full uniform.
- Discount in company restaurants and facilities.
- NPLQ training can be provided for the right person
- This is a seasonal role working variable hours, to include weekends and bank holidays.
Click the button below to begin your application via our external system. If you need any assistance, feel free to get in touch with our team.Apply Now