Sous Chef – Cheddar CW52
- Consistent and prompt preparation and food service.
- Stock ordering and stock rotation.
- Cleanliness of all work areas.
- Ensure published menus and specials boards have correct selling prices.
- Provision of correct portion sizes and control of all waste.
- Comply with all food hygiene regulations.
A Sous Chef position has become available at Cheddar Woods Resort and Spa, in Somerset. This is a fantastic opportunity for a key member to join the team at this beautiful five star resort.
We are looking for a driven and dedicated Sous Chef to help maintain the high standards we have achieved at Cheddar Woods, and work alongside the Head Chef in all aspects of the kitchen and the kitchen team. This includes the motivation and management of the team, ensuring portion control and waste are managed effectively and cleanliness and presentation are of the highest standards at all times.
The Levels restaurant is situated within a modern leisure complex on the Cheddar Woods site, and offers an extensive and varied menu. This is an excellent opportunity for a proven Chef de Partie to take the next step in their career, or a Sous Chef looking for their next challenge.
This is a permanent, full time position to work variable hours. This will include evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
This role is perfect for candidates searching for Chef positions within Somerset.
What experience you will need
- You will have similar previous experience.
What skills you will need
- Catering qualifications and level 3 food safety is desirable.
- Driving licence and ability to drive is advantageous.
- Strong communication skills.
- Positive attitude with willingness to learn.
What we offer
- Darwin Academy job specific training, to include food hygiene, COSHH, health & safety, manual handling, etc.
- Good salary
- Discount in company restaurants and facilities.
Click the button below to begin your application via our external system. If you need any assistance, feel free to get in touch with our team.Apply Now