Sous Chef – Bath BM17
- Consistent and prompt preparation and food service.
- Stock ordering and stock rotation.
- Cleanliness of all work areas.
- Ensure published menus and specials boards have correct selling prices.
- Provision of correct portion sizes and control of all waste.
- Comply with all food hygiene regulations.
An exciting new role has arisen at Darwin Escapes 5 star holiday resort – Bath Mill Lodge Retreat within The Brook Bar & Bistro.
We are looking for a Sous Chef to join our highly skilled and widely acclaimed team on-site at a resort which is located just outside of Bath city centre.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic and dedicated, with a strong drive to motivate a team as well as someone who takes pride in their work as part of our continued pursuit of 5 star standards.
The Brook Bar & Bistro has quickly established a reputation for excellence, offering fine cuisine in beautiful surroundings within a restored 350 year old Mill House. The lucky candidate chosen for this role will work alongside the Head Chef and be responsible for all aspects of kitchen preparation and procedure, portion control and waste management. You will also run the kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef and play a key part within the training and motivation of the team.
This is a permanent position to work full time, variable hours. This will include evenings, weekends and bank holidays
This role is ideal for candidates searching for Chef positions in Bath or the surrounding Somerset area.
What experience you will need
- You will have similar previous experience.
What skills you will need
- Catering qualifications and level 3 food safety is desirable.
- Driving licence and ability to drive is advantageous.
- Strong communication skills.
- Positive attitude with willingness to learn.
What we offer
- Darwin Academy job specific training, to include food hygiene, COSHH, health & safety, manual handling, etc.
- Discount in company restaurants and facilities.
- This is a permanent position with full time hours to include weekends and bank holidays.
Click the button below to begin your application via our external system. If you need any assistance, feel free to get in touch with our team.Apply Now