- Competitive salary
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Discounted staff breaks at our luxurious holiday resorts across the UK
- Free use of all Darwin Escapes resort facilities including many of our free gyms and swimming pools
Sous Chef – Axminster HC48
- Ensuring the consistency of food preparation and portion control.
- Stock ordering and stock rotation.
- Driving the prompt service within the kitchen.
- Ensure the highest standards of cleanliness of all work areas.
- Ensure published menus and specials boards have correct selling prices.
- Provision of correct portion sizes and control of all waste within the kitchen.
- Comply with all food hygiene regulations at all times.
A Sous Chef is required at our Hawkchurch Resort and Spa. Join our team at this stunning park in Axminster!
The restaurant offers a range of meals to suit every taste in its complex. You will work as part of a small team to assist in the cleanliness and hygiene of the workplace and the preparation and presentation of food in line with the company’s high standards.
This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone looking to further their Chef career to gain valuable experience in our busy kitchen and learn from our experienced team.
This is a permanent, full-time position to work variable hours including evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
This role is ideal for candidates searching for kitchen and Chef jobs within a commutable distance of Axminster.
What experience you will need
- Similar previous in this role or a busy kitchen is desired.
What skills you will need
- Excellent Customer Care to ensure high standards.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good leadership and motivational skills to lead the kitchen team.
- A positive and upbeat attitude.
- A willingness to learn new skills.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Due to the remote location of the park, a driving licence is an advantage to enable easy travel to the park.
What we offer
- Food discount across all resorts
- Discounts on spa treatments
- *'Introduce a friend' recruitment bonus
- *100% work attendance bonus
- *Company employee sick pay
- Compassionate leave pay
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free access to the Darwin Academy training programme to help further your career and skill levels
- Cycle to work scheme
- Health Shield cash plan
*Subject to terms and conditions
Click the button below to begin your application via our external system. If you need any assistance, feel free to get in touch with our team.Apply Now