Sous Chef – Axminster HC07
- Consistent and prompt preparation and food service
- Stock ordering and stock rotation
- Cleanliness of all work areas
- Ensure published menus and specials boards have correct selling prices
- Provision of correct portion sizes and control of all waste
- Comply with all food hygiene regulations
Sous Chef required at Hawkchurch Resort & Spa. This is a fantastic opportunity for a key role to join our friendly team at our recently re-developed park.
We are looking for an enthusiastic chef to work alongside our Head Chef and skilled team to assist in the day to day running of the kitchen. This will include overseeing portion control, waste management, preparation and all procedures within the kitchen.
The ideal candidate will be a proven Sous Chef, or someone with experience looking for the next step in their career, looking for a new challenge and will be looking to actively help lead and motivate a busy but dedicated kitchen team.
Accommodation on the park is available if required
This is a permanent, full time position to work variable hours, including evenings, weekends and bank holidays as needed.
This role is ideal for candidates searching for chef jobs within a commutable distance of Axminster
What experience you will need
- You will have similar previous experience
What skills you will need
- Catering qualifications and level 3 food safety is desirable
- Driving licence and ability to drive is advantageous
- Strong communication skills
- Positive attitude with willingness to learn
What we offer
- Darwin Academy job specific training, to include food hygiene, COSHH, health & safety, manual handling, etc
- Good salary
- Accommodation available if required
- Discount in company restaurants and facilities
- Full uniform provided
Click the button below to begin your application via our external system. If you need any assistance, feel free to get in touch with our team.Apply Now