Lifeguard – Whitecross PM51
- Strict observation of swimmers and spectators within the swimming pool & leisure areas.
- Regular checking of all leisure areas to ensure that expected hygiene levels and safety standards are maintained.
- Check and record all guest passes so as to ensure their validity.
- Liaise with guests to advise on activity & leisure programmes.
- Immediately record accidents in line with company procedure & administering first aid as and when required.
- Carry out swimming pool water tests when required.
- Carrying out checks on indoor plants & foliage.
We have a Seasonal Lifeguard position available at our stunning Piran Meadows Resort and Spa, in Newquay!
The successful applicant will be expected to work closely with our Leisure Manager to ensure the safe and effective operation of the leisure and indoor swimming pool complex in line with the ultra high standards which are expected at any holiday park which is part of the Darwin Escapes portfolio of UK destinations.
A fundamental requirement in this role will be the ability to spot and react to any issues which may occur immediately. This keen eye for detail will also be required so as to maintain the cleanliness of all leisure areas at all times, including the pool itself as well as all additional leisure facilities on-site and changing room areas.
In addition, you will also be expected to be comfortable working with varying age groups and happy to provide assistance to our highly valued guests with impeccable customer service skills.
The successful candidate applying for this position will be required to provide an enhanced disclosure check which will of course be paid for in full by Darwin Escapes.
This is a seasonal position to work variable hours which will include weekends and Bank Holidays in addition to week days.
What experience you will need
- Current Lifeguard qualification preferable but training courses can be provided where required.
- Previous experience in a leisure role would be an advantage.
What skills you will need
- Valid lifeguard qualification advantageous.
- Current Pool Plant qualification would be an advantage.
- Possession of a current First Aid certificate is preferred.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Possess a positive attitude to work with an eagerness to learn.
- UK driving licence and ability to drive an advantage.
What we offer
- Various training including ongoing NPLQ training and Darwin Academy online training such as Emergency First Aid and Health and Safety.
- Competitive hourly rate of pay provided.
- Full Norfolk Woods leisure team staff uniform provided.
- Discount in Darwin Escapes owned restaurants and facilities.
Click the button below to begin your application via our external system. If you need any assistance, feel free to get in touch with our team.Apply Now