Kitchen Porter / Commis Chef – Axminster HC19
- Consistent and prompt preparation and food service
- Efficient and correct stock rotation
- Ensure the cleanliness of all work areas
- Provision of correct portion sizes and control of all waste
- Comply with all food hygiene regulations
A Kitchen Porter / Commis Chef required to join us at the stunning Hawkchurch Resort and Spa. A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a key role to join our busy team at our five star venue in Axminster.
We are looking for someone who will work together with the Head Chef to be responsible for all aspects of kitchen preparation and procedure, portion control and waste management, and will perform consistently in line with the company’s high standards. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone interested in a career in catering to learn new skills and gain valuable experience alongside our talented team.
Darwin Escapes would like an ambitious and motivated commis chef who is looking for a long term role, in which to learn and develop new skills. A Commis Chef is the first step to becoming a great Chef!
This is a full time, permanent role to work variable hours including evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
This role is ideal for candidates searching for chef jobs within a commutable distance of Axminster.
What experience you will need
- Similar previous experience is desired
What skills you will need
- Catering qualifications and level 3 food safety is desirable
- Strong communication skills
- Driving licence and ability to drive is advantageous
- Positive attitude with willingness to learn
What we offer
- Darwin Academy job specific training, to include food hygiene, COSHH, health & safety, manual handling, etc
- Hourly rate of pay
- Full uniform provided
- Discount in company restaurants and facilities
Click the button below to begin your application via our external system. If you need any assistance, feel free to get in touch with our team.Apply Now