IT Support Technician – Cheddar CW43
- Manage and maintain IT systems across the group, including diagnosing and resolving software and hardware faults
- Communicate effectively with colleagues and staff at all levels of the business, and liaise with 3rd parties where required to ensure issues are resolved
- Take a proactive approach to tackling problems and finding solutions
- Provide IT support to company employees by phone, email and face to face
- Provide 2nd line support to assist less experienced members of the IT team
- Work in an organised, efficient manner and keep accurate records of incident progress
An exciting new role has become available at Cheddar Woods Resort and Spa. The IT team are looking for an IT Support Technician to join their skilled team in Somerset.
This role is for a dedicated and enthusiastic Support Technician, with commercial experience working in a helpdesk or support role.
The successful candidate will be hard working, self motivated and proactive. Being adaptable and willing to learn new skills is essential, as are strong troubleshooting abilities and dedication to seeing problems through to a resolution.
You will need to be comfortable working both by yourself and as part of a team, and can focus on achieving team goals as well as personal ones.
You will work as part of the team to provide support to our parks and other members of the team, and will be involved in projects to improve group IT systems and procedures.
Darwin Escapes is a fast growing company with locations across the UK. The IT team provide a wide variety of technical services to support our staff and deliver a five star experience to our guests.
This is an excellent opportunity to learn from our experienced team members, improve existing IT knowledge and acquire new technical skills.
The role is primarily office based in Cheddar, Somerset however some travel to other sites will be required from time to time using a company vehicle. Therefore, a full UK driving license is essential
This is a permanent position to work full time, variable hours. This will mainly be Monday to Friday, however some evening and weekend work may occasionally be required
This role is ideal for anyone looking for IT Support jobs within a commutable distance of Cheddar.
What experience you will need
- Experience working with PCs, laptops and mobile phones
- Call logging systems
- Active directory and Microsoft exchange
- DNS, DHCP and Group Policy
- Printers and print servers
- Previous experience in Citrix XenApp or RDS
What skills you will need
- Proficient in Windows Desktop and Windows Server operating systems
- Fault diagnosis, investigation and resolution
- Experience with anti-virus software and security management
- Good level of understanding of all Microsoft Office suite
- Experience in routers, switches and firewalls
- Ethernet networking and TCP / IP
What we offer
- Darwin Academy job specific training, to include food hygiene, COSHH, health & safety, manual handling, etc
- Good salary
- Discount in company restaurants and facilities
Click the button below to begin your application via our external system. If you need any assistance, feel free to get in touch with our team.Apply Now