Grounds Assistant – Poole WF08
- Carry out grass cutting, strimming, edging and turfing to a five star standard.
- Actively promote the park and it’s facilities.
- Keep all park grounds, bins, public areas free of debris.
- Gardens to be weeded, sprayed, watered and properly slated and barked.
- Maintain and update all plant and equipment schedules.
- Comply promptly with all grounds jobs issued.
Wareham Forest Lodge Retreat has a new vacancy for a Grounds Assistant to join them at their five star park, near Poole in Dorset.
Wareham Forest is located on the edge of a large conifer plantation, and has beautiful pathways leading through the nearby forest. This beautiful, central location makes the park very popular with guests, and lends perfectly to the natural beauty of the park.
The successful candidate will join the Grounds team and assist in maintaining the beautiful grounds, and ensuring the presentation of the park and grounds.
This will include carrying out routine works such as grass cutting, strimming and turfing, maintaining walkways, flowerbeds and greenery and ensuring the park and grounds are kept free of debris and overgrowth. You will also assist in any planned project works to enhance the and develop the park’s grounds.
This is a permanent position to work part time hours. This would ideally be over 3 days per week and will likely be Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
This role is perfect for anyone searching for Grounds positions within a commutable distance of Poole and Wareham.
What experience you will need
- Previous experience preferred.
What skills you will need
- Driving licence is essential, as you will be required to use the buggies or vehicles at the park
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Positive attitude with a willingness to learn.
What we offer
- Darwin Academy job specific training, to include customer service, COSHH, health & safety, manual handling, etc.
- Hourly rate of pay.
- Full uniform.
- Discount in company restaurants and facilities.
Click the button below to begin your application via our external system. If you need any assistance, feel free to get in touch with our team.Apply Now