Deputy Golf Manager – Wallingford SC13
- Work closely with the facility's staff and club committees to develop a co-ordinated sales and marketing plan covering all areas of golf operations
- Organise and control play, ensuring that customers receive the best service and enjoyment of their day
- Follow all established shop procedures, including those for payment processing, handling, customer complaints, opening and closing, Health and Safety and security
- Actively participate in networking opportunities, developing links with external agencies (local schools, clubs and businesses etc) to promote the game of golf anf facilities at the club to potential new members and golf participants
- Organise corporate, promotional and sales and marketing events ensuring that they are properly structured, co-ordinated, communicated and delivered to benefit members, guests and other potential users of the golf club
- To offer specialist advice using product knowledge and recommed products and services to meet customer requirements
An exciting new position has become available for a Deputy Golf Manager to join the growing team at The Springs Golf Club in Wallingford.
This stunning resort is home to a beautiful and popular golf course, and regularly plays host to major events in the sporting world. We are looking for a proactive and forward thinking Deputy Manager of Golf to join the team and work with the Golf Manager to help this department reach it’s full potential.
This is an extensive and varied role in which the successful candidate will work with the Golf Manager to source, plan, hold and attend events and marketing opportunities for the club including tournaments.
You will also assist in the day to day running of the club, including collecting fees, processing payments, cashing up and ensuring that excellent customer service is the focus of all in the club.
A good understanding of golf, procedures, current trends and promotion will be instrumental to the role in order to provide outstanding service to members and customers.
This is a permanent position to work full time, variable hours including weekends and bank holidays
This role is ideal for anyone searching for Golf jobs within a commutable distance of Wallingford, Oxfordshire
What experience you will need
- Previous Golf Management experience is preferred
What skills you will need
- Strong interpersonal skills - be able to maintain rapport in all dealings with a variety of people
- Strong business acumen
- In touch with trends in golf equipment and clothing
- Excellent customer service skills
- Enthusiastic and self motivated
- Keen to learn new skills and apply knowledge to the club
What we offer
- Darwin Academy training specific to job role, including Health and Safety and Customer Service
- Good salary
- Discount in company restaurants and in various facilities
Click the button below to begin your application via our external system. If you need any assistance, feel free to get in touch with our team.Apply Now