Commis Chef / Kitchen Porter – Whitecross PM53
- Consistent and prompt preparation and food service.
- Accurate stock rotation and effective waste control.
- You must ensure the cleanliness of all working areas.
- Expected to ensure that we always comply with food hygiene regulations.
- Provision of correct portion sizes in line with company guidelines.
A Commis Chef position is now available at Piran Meadows Resort and Spa. A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a key role to join the team at our modern, recently redeveloped resort in Whitecross.
You will have the opportunity to become part of this team and help us maintain our fantastic reputation. This is your opportunity to join our exciting venture as we aim to provide the number 1 go to destination of luxury holidays in Newquay.
Working with the Head Chef and the kitchen team, you will produce various dishes requested from our mouth watering menu. You will ensure that all procedures and portion sizing is in line with our company standards, whilst also ensuring that presentation and food served is of the highest quality.
Whilst previous experience in a similar position is preferred, an enthusiastic and dedicated work ethic is the real key to success in this role.
Accommodation is available with this role if required.
This is a seasonal position to work full time, variable hours including evenings, weekends and also bank holidays.
This Commis Chef position is ideal for any candidates who are searching for chef jobs within a commutable distance of Whitecross and Newquay.
What experience you will need
- It would be advantageous if you were to have previous experience in a similar role within a busy kitchen environment.
What skills you will need
- Strong verbal and non-verbal communication skills through a variety of mediums.
- You will have a positive attitude with a strong desire to pick up new skills.
- Catering qualifications and level 3 food safety are desirable but not essential.
- Preferably have a level 3 food safety qualification and additional catering qualifications.
- Preferably have a driving licence and willingness to drive so as to enable easy access to the workplace.
What we offer
- Darwin Academy job specific training, to include Food Hygiene, COSHH, Health & Safety, Manual Handling, etc.
- Hourly rate of pay.
- Piran Meadows resort uniform will be provided.
- You will benefit from discounts in various company restaurants and holiday park facilities.
Click the button below to begin your application via our external system. If you need any assistance, feel free to get in touch with our team.Apply Now