Assistant Golf Professional – Wallingford SC26
- Assist the Golf Manager and Head Golf Professional in overseeing any golf related activities.
- Assist in the operation of the golf shop on site, ensuring merchandise is fully stocked.
- Maintain operation equipment and supplies at appropriate levels.
- Provide support for the Head Golf Professional in enforcing course rules, golf instruction, clinics, schools and player development programmes.
A new position is now available for an Assistant Golf Professional to join our growing team at The Springs Golf Club in Wallingford, Oxfordshire. This is an exciting new position to work with the Head of Golf, Gold Manager and the Head Golf Professional to assist in the operation of the golf shop, course and programme at The Springs.
The successful candidate will take on a number of day to day responsibilities. You will provide support and assistance in managing and overseeing all elements of the club’s golf related activities. This will include overseeing the golf shop, containing various supplies and equipment. Alongside this you will ensure the shop is always stocked with appropriate levels of supplies and equipment.
A large portion of the role will be to provide support to the Head Golf Professional in a number of areas. This will include enforcing all course rules and regulations and governing golf course usage. You will also assist with golf instruction, clinics, golf schools and player development programmes for all abilities.
At the forefront of this, you will ensure an exceptional overall golf experience for club members and guests.
The ideal candidate will be a PGA registered trainee or looking to commence this course in the not too distant future, and display an enthusiastic, proactive attitude. You will need to consistently meet and exceed the high expectations set by the Head of Golf.
While previous experience will be favourable, this is not essential for the role.
This is a permanent position to work full time, variable hours. This will include weekends and bank holidays.
The Assistant Golf Professional position is ideal for anyone searching for Golf related positions within a commutable distance of Wallingford.
What experience you will need
- Similar previous experience is an advantage however not essential.
What skills you will need
- Excellent customer service skills are a must.
- PGA qualifications are essential.
- An enthusiastic and pro-active attitude is essential to the role.
What we offer
- Darwin Academy job specific training, to include Customer Service, COSHH, Health & Safety, Manual Handling, etc.
- Salary dependant on experience.
- Full uniform.
- Discount in company restaurants and facilities.
Click the button below to begin your application via our external system. If you need any assistance, feel free to get in touch with our team.Apply Now