The Best Halloween Events in North Wales
Darwin Escapes boasts 4 beautiful and unique locations in North Wales, each of which will make a spooktacular base to explore the historic region this Halloween. Whether you are looking for an Autumn holiday getaway or interested in ownership, our 4 resorts have something to delight everyone.
Keeping reading below for all the best Halloween events in North Wales for 2019
Festival of Fright
Where: New Pines Holiday Home Park / Dates: 26th & 27th Oct / Prices: £5 / For holiday guests and owners only
Our own New Pines Holiday Home Park has a number of events for Halloween this year!
- Wrestling – We are welcoming back the Wrestlers again for their Halloween show on Tuesday 22nd October. With a series of matches and fights, it’s fun for the whole family. Everyone can really get involved with all the action and even get pictures and autographs with their favourite wrestlers.
- Oktoberfest – We are bringing the German inspired festival of Oktoberfest to New Pines on Saturday 19th October. We have many things booked for this event including inflatables (inflatable dual games, rodeo bull and bouncy castles) to name a few. Donkey rides, German inspired food and drink and of course an Oompah Band! The event will be taking place on the field between 12pm-4pm. Fancy dress is highly encouraged!
- Halloween Take Your Pick – Every week we do a game show called ‘Take Your Pick’ however this one is a little different. With it being Halloween, we have decided to do a Trick or Treat take your pick. We have 10 treats (sweet related prizes) and 10 tricks (these prizes are going to be in a witches cauldron covered with slime and all things creepy). Tickets cost £1 and if your number is drawn, you can pick a number between 1 and 20 off our take your pick board and you will either win a trick or a treat.
- The Addams Family Show – The Rangers are returning this year with their annual Halloween show, this year it is The Addams Family Musical. Starring your favourite Rangers, they will take on the roles of Morticia, Wednesday and many others in this spooktacular performance. Showcasing their singing, dancing and acting, it is a show you’ll be DYING to see.
- Festival of Frights – The children’s Halloween parties are also returning this year. We have 3 parties available (all dates and times included in the poster). During this event, there will be food, Halloween costume competitions, spooky games and a freaky festival show.
Where: Llangollen Railway / Dates: 27th Oct / Times: 6.30pm departure / Prices: Adult £21, Child £13
A fabulous Halloween event for families which is very popular, so advanced booking is definitely recommended as this event has sold out 3 years in a row. The train will be decorated for your creaky journey and when you stop at Carrog, go for a spooky walk and listen to the ghost stories. Fancy dress is encouraged and there will be prizes for those with the best costumes, there will also be pumpkin carving and ‘bags of horror’ for the children.
Where: Ruthin Gaol / Dates: 26th Oct – 1st Nov / Times: 10am – 5pm / Prices: Adult £7, Child £6
There will be fun and spooky activities at the Gaol, including craft activities and a creepy Halloween trail around the old cells, you’ll even go down into the scary basements of the Victorian prison. Add to the experience and go in fancy dress.
A Little Monster Magic
Where: Rhuddlan Community Centre / Dates: 27th Oct / Times: 4pm – 6pm / Prices: Adult goes free, Age 3+ £5.98
This is the ideal children’s Halloween event in North Wales, it is aimed at children between 3 and 8 years old. Enjoy 2 hours of entertainment, including craft activities that you can take home, face painting, food, soft drinks, lots of games with prizes and the fun Monster Mash disco!
The Ghosts of Penrhyn Castle
Where: Penrhyn Castle / Dates: 19th Oct – 3rd Nov / Times: 11am – 4pm / Prices: Adult £14, Child £7
Explore this historic castle over half term and search for real ghosts. The Spooky Silhouette trail will take you on a journey through the castle as you hear tales of the ghosts that still haunt the castle, and you may even see one! There will also be family crafts and a silhouette puppet craft workshop to get stuck into.
Where: Beaumaris Castle / Dates: 31st Oct / Times: 10am – 5pm / Prices: Adult £7.30, Child £2.50
Find the clues and claim your prize along the spooky trail at Beaumaris this Halloween. Get involved in the crafts and carve the pumpkin with a fangtastic face, or create a fabulous Halloween mask for you to take home.
With Darwin Escapes’ 4 luxury resorts along the North Wales coastline, you can enjoy all the best Halloween events in 2019, as well as an endless range of events all year round. Each of our resorts have their own unique offerings, so we are sure to have the ideal location for you!