The Springs Sporting Legends Charity Golf Day
Enjoy a fun day of golf with one of our fantastic sporting legends in aid of charity at The Springs Golf Club!
As one of the most popular golf clubs in Oxfordshire, The Springs is set within a 133 acres of a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, with a beautifully built golf course to test and challenge all skill sets. And on the 7th June, you could be challenging your skill with a sporting legend in aid of Reach Out, a mentoring charity for children and young adults. There will also be a charity auction, where the highest bidder could home with a fantastic Aston Martin, all in aid of Reach Out.
The teams will undertakes a Texas Scramble over the 18 hold golf course, in teams of 4, with either 3 players and 1 legend for £1200, or 4 players (no legend) for £600 entry fee. The legends will be placed in a team via a live draw, which will featured a live Facebook event for you to see how it all unfolds and who is placed on what team!
The Sporting Legends
Keep an eye on the website for more detailed information about our cast of sporting legends, but below is to roll call and where you will know them from:
- Andy Goode – a former Rugby Union player, who has many caps for the England team.
- Zinzan Brooke – a former All Black for the New Zealand team, as well as a former Rugby Union player and once held the record for most tries scored by a forward.
- Alex Goode – a current Rugby Union player for the Saracens, and was also a part of the Under 20 England squad who won the 2008 Grand Slam.
- Nick Compton – a current, first class England cricketer.
- Will Greenwood – Rugby Union player, who also won the 2003 World Cup with the England squad!
Don’t forget to like our page on Facebook to see our live Facebook event of the drawing of the teams!
To learn more about the event and how you can book your team into the tournament, check out our official Sporting Legends Golf Day page.
And use the boxes below to find out more about memberships at The Springs and how you can join our friendly community and take advantage of our full programme of events on and off the golf course!