Should I Buy a Holiday Lodge? – Expert Guide
Darwin Escapes offers an expert guide to buying a holiday lodge!
Whether or not you should buy a holiday lodge is of course a decision that only you can make. However, the helpful team at Darwin Escapes know a thing or two about holiday homes and we’ve therefore put together this handy guide to help make your decision easier.
We’ll highlight to you the pros and cons as well as pointing out the kinds of things you should be looking out for. We recommend that you start off by considering:
- The lodge location you would prefer;
- The specifications and requirements you have for your chosen lodge;
- Your budget;
- The annual running costs you can expect.
Once you know if you want to go ahead with a purchase and have an idea of the kind of lodge you would like to buy, you can then request a brochure to learn more about each of our ownership locations and also take a look at the holiday lodges for sale with Darwin Escapes to see if we can accommodate your requirements.
In the meantime, let us go into more detail about the things you should be looking out for
In terms of your checklist, the location should be the first thing that you consider when you starting looking into holiday lodge ownership. We’d recommend that you think about:
- The commute from your home – how long will it take you to get to your home away from home? Is this drive enough to put you off regular visits?
- The local area – What things are there to do in the area around the resort? Is there enough to ensure you always have something to do? Conversely, if it is peace and tranquility you are after, is the resort far enough away from populated areas?
- The facilities – What facilities are available on the specific resort that you have in mind? Does it have everything you would want on-site – i.e. bar, restaurant, swimming pool etc.
- Destination – Would you prefer your lodge to be near the beach, city or countryside? Consider this before deciding on the location of your ideal holiday resort.
A great way to confirm any hypothesis you might have is to take a holiday at the resort you are considering first in order to verify that it is the right destination for you. This is a route that many of our existing holiday home owners took when they began their search for their dream home away from home.
Requirements & Specifications
Next, we’d recommend that you consider the specifications that you have in mind for your dream holiday lodge. In order to gauge this, consider the following:
- How your lodge is going to be used – Is your holiday lodge going to be used as a couple’s retreat or a family get away?
- When you lodge is going to be used – Are you going to use the lodge at various times throughout the year, or just during the summer months?
- The purpose of your lodge – Is it going to effectively be a second home for the family, or a holiday destination?
Answer these three questions to give you an idea of what type of lodge you will require. These questions should prompt you to decide how many rooms you will need, what kind of kitchen facilities, what type of windows and heating will be required and also how much you are willing to spend on your holiday lodge given the amount of time you are going to be spending there.
Why Buy a Holiday Lodge?
Buying a holiday lodge is a convenient and potentially economical way to have a luxury get-away that can be used an (almost) unlimited number of times a year. You can literally have family holidays or a relaxing retreat for 10 months of the year at no extra cost other than you initial expenditure and of course your annual site fees.
Over the longer term, this can often turn out to be a more economical way of enjoying more than one holiday per year, particularly in light of the changes on the back of Brexit which is making holidays to the continent increasingly costly.
Once you have visited your lodge for the first time, you won’t have to worry about packing or what the accommodation you’ll be staying in will be like on your holidays ever again. If you decide on an impromptu holiday, you can get away within a matter of minutes, no booking or packing, just get up and go.
Darwin Escapes’ lodges provide the most luxurious of accommodation and are located in the most beautiful of locations, including Cornwall, Somerset and North Wales. Unlike touring caravans they are literally a home from home, with all the comforts that you could wish for.
Darwin Escapes offers a wide variety of beautiful, handpicked locations to choose from, why not contact our dedicated Ownership Team today on 01745858010, or via our live chat service, where a member of our team are on hand to answer any questions you may have about starting your journey!
Start your Holiday Home Ownership journey today!