Our Practically Perfect Traditional Pancake Recipe
Make your own delicious classic pancakes just in time for Shrove Tuesday
If, like me, you’re looking forward to pancake day then it’s time to start thinking about how to make some flipping good pancakes. I’ll show you my recipe and technique for cooking Practically Perfect traditional Pancakes but be warned, you’re not allowed to use a spatula to flip!
I love making pancakes, so Shrove Tuesday is really just a convenient excuse for Pancake Pete to get whisking and produce some delicious treats. With very little preparation time I’ll show you an easy pancake recipe ready for 13th February and we’ll even try our hand at tossing pancakes like a flipping professional.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
x2 large eggs
100g plain flour
Butter for your pan
- Add the flour to a bowl and make a small well in the middle
- Crack the eggs to add to the well
- Add a small amount of milk and start whisking
- Once you start to get a good consistency add the rest of the milk and whisk to a smooth batter
- Place a medium sized pan on the heat and wipe with butter in some kitchen roll
- Once at temperature, add the batter and cook until golden brown
- Add toppings such as blueberries or chocolate drops (optional)
- Ease up the edges with a spatula ready to flip
- Shake the pancake towards the far edge of your pan and give it a strong upwards flip
- With luck you’ve caught it, return pan to the heat to brown the other side
- Serve your traditional pancake and enjoy with topping of your choice
We’d love to hear how you get on this Shrove Tuesday, head over to our social media and share your delicious traditional pancakes.