Signatures Restaurant Leek and Potato Soup Recipe
Learn how to make leek and potato Soup like an award winning chef…
Signatures Restaurant is one of the most popular restaurants in Conwy on account of its mouth watering range of dishes prepared by head chef Jimmy Williams and his superb team in impeccable 5 star surroundings at Aberconwy Resort & Spa. After a little persuasion, Jimmy has finally agreed to divulge the recipe for his highly acclaimed leek and potato soup so that you too can prepare a soup like an award winning chef!
We’ve listed the ingredients that you will need as well providing step by step instructions so that you can recreate this exquisite dish in your very own kitchen either at home or at your holiday home. Why not pop into Signatures Restaurant the next time you are in the area to see how your own creation compares to the one which was prepared by someone who has previously won the award for running the best restaurant in the whole of Wales?
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1.5kg leeks (mainly white) finely sliced
- 700g onions, peeled and finely sliced
- 200g butter
- 700g potatoes, peeled and finely sliced
- 3 pints chicken stock or vegetable stock, boiling
- 3 pints of water, boiling
- 400ml double cream
- salt and freshly ground white pepper to taste
- Sweat the finely sliced leek and onion in the butter until they are soft but without colour
- Add the finely sliced potato, the boiling stock and water. Cook this over a high heat for approximately 10 minutes.
- Add the double cream and cook for a further 2 minutes
- Liquidise and pass through a fine sieve
- Season to taste with the salt and freshly ground white pepper
Why not let us know how your attempt at recreating Jimmy’s Leek and Potato soup went on social media?