Talacre Beach Bacon Brie & Cranberry Burger Recipe
Learn to make one of Talacre Beach’s most delicious dishes…
A large number of the Darwin Escapes customers staying at our Talacre Beach Holiday Home Park in North Wales often come back raving about the on-site restaurant and one of the most popular dishes on the menu is the delicious Bacon Brie & Cranberry Burger.
After much persuasion, our head chef Ryan has finally agreed to divulge the secrets behind this burger by sharing the recipe, so now you can try this burger for yourself at home. We’ve even put together a helpful video to help you reproduce one of our most famous dishes. Next time you visit us at Talacre Beach, check out how you compare to the real deal prepared by the maestro himself.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
4 x Brioche buns
1 x small onion
500g good quality beef mince
8 x slices of bacon
8 x onion rings
1 x egg
2 teaspoons of wholegrain mustard
3 tablespoons natural breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons of tomato ketchup
Freshly chopped thyme
Salt and pepper
1/3rd cup of cranberry sauce
75g of brie
Lettuce to serve
- Peel and then finely dice the onions and mix them together with the minced beef, mustard, ketchup, thyme, salt and pepper. Work them together by hand until the ingredients are evenly mixed together.
- Add the egg and breadcrumbs to the mixture and work it all together until it is fully combined
- Divide the mixture into four and roll them into balls. Flatten the balls into patties which are about each about 3cm thick. It is important to ensure that the thickness of all four burgers is the same to ensure that they cook evenly. Cover the patties and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- While you are waiting for the patties, prepare the onion rings following the recommended cooking instructions on the back of the product pack
- Sear the burger patties in a hot pan, getting a good even colour to both sides.
- Pop the burgers into the oven for 6-8 minutes, or until cooked to your liking.
- Add the bacon to the pan and fry until cooked
- Allow the burgers to rest for 2-3 minutes once retrieved from the oven before adding the onion rings, followed by the cooked bacon and approximately 2 teaspoons of cranberry sauce. Carefully add the combination to the grill on a medium heat until the brie has melted and slightly browned
- Cut the Brioche buns into two and add the lettuce. Place the combined burger patties to the bottom bun and garnish.
And enjoy a delicious Talcare Beach signature dish! Happy cooking folks!