Minimising our impact on the natural environment
Here at Darwin Escapes we are committed to minimising our impact on the natural environment as much as possible.
In all of our new developments, caring for the environment has become an integral part of the development process.
At Darwin Escapes we believe that environmental management goes far beyond just obeying local legislations and that a good environmental practice is a fundamental corporate responsibility and is the key to providing a sustainable world for future generations to enjoy.
We have a strict policy that is adhered to across all departments on each of our parks to ensure a committed and unified approach to staying green.
With each of our new developments we endeavour to match the high standard we have set ourselves for each of our previous developments…
- Low energy bulbs have been fitted throughout the central facilities and accommodation
- The swimming pool has a specially insulated base and sides
- Pool covers to reduce the energy required to heat
- Sensor lighting
- WCs with a low volume dual flush
- Regular checks of pipes are completed and any leaks repaired swiftly
- Natural wildflowers to encourage birds and butterflies
- Design to retain natural trees
- Insect Hotels available for smaller guests
- Building materials were sourced from local quarries and suppliers
- Working with local suppliers to obtain products from sustainable sources
- Waste oil is recycled into bio fuel