Are you looking for a holiday in the UK? Darwin Escapes can help with this Expert Guide!
So, you’ve decided that you want to buy a holiday lodge in the UK? Here at Darwin Escapes, we’ve put our years of experience in the industry to good use to produce this guide to purchasing your dream home away from home.We highlight what you need to look out for, the potential costs you can anticipate and the best places to purchase a holiday lodge within the Darwin Escapes portfolio. We currently have eight UK holiday Resorts across the country, each with their own unique personality and selling points, so you are sure to find the destination which is perfect for you.
How Much Does it Cost to Buy a Holiday Lodge?
Just like a house, the cost of a holiday lodge will be related to the size of the lodge and the number of bedrooms. The amenities and specifications will also be a factor. For example some lodges will contain double glazing, central heating, modern kitchen facilities and specifically styled and designed modern furnishings.
The location of may also be a factor. A lodge that offers fantastic views from the decking area for example, may cost more than one that does not.
At Darwin Escapes, our holiday lodges available tend to cost between £60,000 and up to and beyond £200,000. Occasionally there are lodges available for less, so be sure to check out our page highlighting all of our holiday lodges for sale across the UK. Be sure to keep an eye out for our Holiday Lodge of the Week for the best offer we have available.
If costs are a consideration, then you may want to consider some of the used holiday lodges for sale at our resorts. Don’t get concerned about quality if you are considering this, because we ensure that all of our used holiday homes meet the high standards you would expect with any Darwin Escapes accommodation.
Another option if costs are a concern are our static caravans for sale where prices can start from around £20,000 depending on the condition and specifications of the caravan. A luxury static caravan is often purchased by people who want to ensure that they love the location and lifestyle that goes with owning a holiday home. A year or so later many of our static caravan customers go on to buy a larger caravan or even upgrade to a lodge.
We do offer competitive finance deals to customers who are considering ownership at our resorts so that you can split the costs into easy to afford monthly repayments. Please ask a member of our sales team for more information about this when enquiring.
Where Can I buy a Holiday Lodge?
Darwin Escapes has eight locations around the country that have holiday lodges and/or luxury static caravans for sale in the UK. Each of these resorts has its own particular personality and characteristics because we recognise that there is no one size fits all. Everyone has different needs and requirements, so we aim to accommodate as wide a variety of people as possible with our resorts. Feel free to click through to each of these resorts to gain an insight into what is on offer at each location:
- Aberconwy Resort & Spa – In the Conwy Valley. Aberconwy offers all the best natural beauty of North Wales, with the spectacular mountains of Snowdon in the background and the Conwy Morfa Beach just yards away from the resort. This exclusive owners-only location offers modern luxury surrounded with natural beauty.
- Cheddar Woods Resort & Spa – In Cheddar, Somerset. Cheddar Woods is a 5 Star Gold Rated holiday park which, amongst numerous other awards, received the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence in 2016 and is just minutes from the famous Cheddar Gorge.
- Hawkchurch Resort & Spa – In Axminster, Devon. Located in a stunning area of countryside that is steeped in history and charm. The resort facilities include a bar & restaurant, luxury spa, hydrotherapy pool and gym.
- New Pines Holiday Home Park – Near Dyserth, Denbighshire. A beautiful area of North Wales, set within beautiful countryside and close to the town of Prestatyn. Resort facilities available to owners include bar & restaurant, a gym, swimming pool and evening entertainment.
- Piran Meadows Resort & Spa – In Newquay, Cornwall. Another of our 5 star holiday parks, in one of the most popular and well known beautiful holiday destinations of the UK.
- Seaview Holiday Home Park – In Flintshire, North Wales. This holiday park is elevated upon the hillside, providing stunning views of the sea and Talacre beach. The park is only open to owners, providing a tranquil location with a community atmosphere.
- Swanage Bay View Holiday Home Park – Located on the south coast of Dorset; providing panoramic views of the sea and the Jurassic Coast. Swanage Bay View is just minutes away from golden beaches and the natural wonders that the Jurassic Coast has to offer. The park also has a range of facilities that owners can make use of, including a restaurant, a gym and indoor heated swimming pool
- Talacre Beach Holiday Home Park – In Flintshire, North Wales has been a well known beach and holiday location for families across the North West for a number of decades. The park is 5 minutes walk from the beach and boasts a range of facilities including an indoor pool and air-conditioned gym.
The annual site fees which owners are required to pay to cover entertainment, activities, facilities and general maintenance will vary by park. Please bear this in mind when deciding which destination is right for you. You can find out more information about this on the site fees section of each respective resort on the Darwin Escapes website.
Are you a pet owner? Then fear not, because all of the before mentioned ownership locations welcome pets onto the park as long as they meet the specific breed guidelines which are laid out. Please ask a member of our sales team for more information about this when you make your enquiry if it is a consideration.
How Do I buy a Holiday Lodge?
So if you’ve decided that you that you want to buy a lodge and you are confident that you can meet the ownership costs which would be required, then will now need to know how you go about buying a holiday lodge.
There are a number of things to consider when you are deciding on the right holiday home for you. These considerations are:
- Region – which location is perfect for you?
- Budget – how much are you looking to invest into your dream holiday home?
- Condition – do you want a new lodge or are you prepared to accept a used one?
- Specifications – i.e. number of bedrooms, features, utilities etc.
Once you have an answer to these questions, enter your requirements into our holiday home sales search page which will return for you all of the lodges across the UK which meet your exact requirements. You can then order a brochure for the resort or book a park tour. If you need further information about a lodge, you can also contact us through our form or use our live chat box.
Want to make completely sure that you’ve picked the right location for you? Many of our holiday home owners decide to book a holiday break at the resort they are considering before committing to a purchase in order to verify that the facilities and location are right for them. Please note however, that some of the parks such as Aberconwy Resort & Spa are only open to owners, so booking a holiday is not possible, although you can visit the famous Signatures Restaurant when you pay a visit to the resort.
If your budget does not allow you to buy a lodge upfront, it is likely that we can introduce you to a specialist who will have a financing package available to help you spread the cost and we occasionally we accept part exchange on touring caravans. Please ask a member of our sales team for more information about this.
Contact our dedicated Ownership Team who are always on hand to help you through the process and to answer any questions you may have, give them a call on 01745858010, or talk to an adviser via our live chat service to start your journey today!
Happy Holiday Home Hunting Ladies & Gents!